Any Nice "Touch Free" tool designs?

I see a number of folks selling these “germ avoiding tools” and they seem simple enough to print / machine. I see a few 3D printer designs but free CNC designs are much harder to track down. Any suggestions?

Tool

John, do you know what that thing does? Is it a cupholder? Or a new way to shake hands? :smiley:

The outline seems to be something easy to create a project from, but where does that come from? Is there a legal problem with reproducing it? Just questions that come to mind when looking.

1 Like

They are used to open doors, push buttons, touch a touchscreen if you don’t have gloves on (i.e. worried about germs). I posted a picture of a “commercial” unit which Woot has on sale today. Reproducing it exactly might be an issue (although the copyright laws in China are somewhat lax :grinning:f

However if you browse Thingiverse you see quite a number of versions for 3D printing https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4274910g

Wouldn’t be that much work to design it in Vcarve but I’m a bit swamped at the moment.

One opinion on those devices.

4 Likes

Hi John, I think that link is broken.

You guys are way to funny … just buy life insurance and give your Live ones.

These would be gifts to germafobes. I hail from science country so I know the covid rarely transmits through surfaces.

Google thingiverse hands free

They could still be useful for avoiding contact with people you would rather not touch, perhaps an electrified version? :wink:

1 Like

Once had a GF like that. Don’t know what happened. :smiley:

2 Likes

What if you keep that surface in your pocket and use it to touch all commonly touched surfaces?

3 Likes

Not so much a cattle prod as a pocket prod :laughing:

Not answering the initial question, but since we are discussing this: I printed that covid claw and chose it specifically because it comes with a holster/case I can wear on my belt, so the dirty claw lives in a dirty case but does not touch anything else. Plus I get “weird but cool” points when wearing it at work, and I feel like a cowboy.

4 Likes

Now that is reason enough.

2 Likes

That’s hilarious (in a good way)! The holster brings functionality and purpose to another level, kind of like, if you were buying a toilet bowl brush without a base before.

Edit:I will probably give it a go on my printer.

1 Like

Could we just stop this please? My bad for not realizing a simple request was actually a straight line.

Guess I’ll stick to technical topics in the future.

Very sorry @johnelle, I am not good at reading undertones and irony when I’m not reading/writing in my native language, and over here this is not such a loaded topic. Let me know if you would like me to close this thread and I will.

My appologies @johnelle

Come on. Sensitivity is not scientific! :smiley:

Objectively, unless you have a 48" x 96" sheet of those things to sell to distributors, you’ll never make a dime.

PS. Except for the humor in it, there’s nothing left to do but wait. :frowning:

2 Likes