Assembly - Did I not get the right screws?

Hi again.

So I continued to assemble my Shapeoko 4 XL and finally reached the step where I mount the hybrid table.

Only I think I´m missing the screws to mount the aluminium parts and received twice the amount of bolts for the MDF.

Or am I overlooking something?

I’m not sure but definitely contact support@carbide3d.com to let them know

1 Like

As per:

https://docs.carbide3d.com/assembly/shapeoko-4/xxl/shapeoko4_xxl_assembly_guide_07-08-21_v1_web.pdf

you are missing:

O M6×10mm Flat Head Screw 80

Let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll get these out to you as quickly as we can.

You should have a couple of spares in your “Extra Hardware Bag” — they should suffice to get this part of the assembly started, but you’ll need to wait for the balance, and unless you have a local hardware store which sells by the pound, kind of pricey to get these locally and not wait.

Thank you for your reply.

I went out and picked up 60x M6x20 - as they did not have any M6x10 - for around $8 and they seem to fit and luckily they don’t seem too long.

Not sure if they’re a perfect fit though as I think US countersunk screws are normally 82° whereas european - where I’m situated - are normally 90°.

Everything seems snug and tight so unless you recommend still using the M6x10 I guess I’ll just leave it like this.

1 Like

Metric screws shouldn’t have a different countersink angle — they’re supposed to all have 90 degree countersinks.

82° only happens w/ Imperial hardware which we don’t use.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.