Availability of the Pro XXL?

Just curious when the Pro XXL will be available again. This is the machine I will buy for sure. Love to know where I can get info. about availability.

Thanks!

There’s a bit on the blog:

https://blog.carbide3d.com/2021/shapeoko-pro-update/

but write in to sales@carbide3d.com for the latest updates.

1 Like

Yes! Thanks I saw that. Just wondering if there was current info for March. Hope soon! Can’t wait to get one. :call_me_hand:

Did you sign up for an email when it’s back in stock?

1 Like

There’s an update this morning:

https://blog.carbide3d.com/2021/shapeoko-pro-update/

• The ship with our rails has been at Long Beach for about ten days now. It’s been floating and waiting for most of that time, but was finally able to enter the port a few days ago. As of yesterday, our container hadn’t been unloaded yet. Our realistic best-case scenario is that the rails make it to our Illinois shop in 14 days.
  • This will all become more predictable once the container makes it onto a truck.
  • If you love to geek-out on shipping logistics, this explains a little bit of the problem: California port pileup leaves old records in the dust - FreightWaves

Yes! From the update it looks like very soon. Thanks all.

… now I feel kind of silly for checking the shop multiple times per day for the past few weeks. If carbide3d noticed website utilization going up I’m definitely contributing to it, LOL!!!

3 Likes

The XXL Pro is in stock now, just got my order placed :slight_smile: Time to get the space ready.

3 Likes

Me too!! Heck yeah.

(On a side not, I think the corner square can work on Shapeoko Pro)

1 Like

I believe enough of the corner square holes will line up on an MDF filler strip for it to be secure. If not, make an extension to secure it to, then bolt that to the filler strips/rails.

1 Like

Alternatively to the corner square I was thinking about drilling holes through the MDF filler strips to use bench dogs to hold stock material squared. Aside from that I did also get the BitZero V2 and the starter pack/kit for bits.

1 Like

Nice, that would also work. Probably more forgiving than using aluminum!

I do need more workholding accessories, but would be cool to try making a few on the machine itself.

Did you see the Shapeoko 4 just posted? Identical weight and table, minus bitsetter and linear rails. $500 less expensive. Interesting- I wonder how the stiffness compares with the “New, more rigid v-wheel design” versus linear rails, any thoughts @WillAdams ?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.