I notice that CC Pro is now officially for sale.
I’m not sure about anyone else, but before investing 120/yr or 360 - I’d really like to understand the commitment CC is making to fixing the problems it has with these features and in developing the software further:
First, some basic product questions:
- Is CC Pro going to have a fork for fixes that are not upgrades? In other words, if someone buys the perpetual license but doesn’t buy the upgrade package, are they still entitled to bug fixes within the product set that they have? How will that be managed?
- Is CC Pro going to have a product roadmap, to let us know what the investment is going to yield and when? $120/yr for “upgrades” seems steep - when you don’t know what you’re getting. I assume this is not a cost of bug fixes (which shouldn’t cost anything), so what type of new features are we to expect?
And some “fixes” questions that remain outstanding since the Beta testing:
- Once you go to the model tab and execute some modeling, the shadows that reflect the model continue to appear when you go back to the Design mode. This makes the design view harder to see. It does not make sense and is inconsistent to the behavior of the toolpaths. Can we get rid of this artifact?
- Once a modeling component is marked DONE, you can no longer access any of the parameters used to create the component. You can’t even tell what they were, in case you want to re enter them with a slight change. Provide the capability of editing the components - as you can with any other component or toolpath in the product. I had even asked for a compromise: CC Pro - Compromise: Display the Shape Parameters on the components list but never heard anything positive or negative about the idea
- There is no documentation for the purpose, meaning, or interaction of any of the parameters such as Scale Height, Limit Height, Max, Min, etc. The only way to learn what these do is by trial and error - which is further complicated by #2 above. Is there any planned documentation for the Pro version, besides Winton’s videos - which are informative, but not the equivalent of product manuals or inline help facilities?
- The dialog for Modeling does not operate the same way as the dialog for Toolpaths, which operates differently than the new dialog for Layers. Is CC going to standardize behavior of it’s screens - making usability easy and consistent? For example, Drag Drop, Grouping, Right click, Call to Action location, Help buttons, mouseovers, etc.?
I’m looking forward to the answers to these questions, so I can invest in the CC Pro version!