I have the shapeoko 4 xxl and I just received the bit setter for it. I’ve connected it to the front of the machine and connected the wire to the labeled plug in the control box.
- I start Carbide Motion and connect it
- I initialized it and it ran it sequence fine
- I jogged the bit in the x,y so it’s directly above the button, then lower the z to about 1/4" above the button
- I go into settings and check the box to enable the bitsetter
- I push the “use current location” button
- I initialize the machine again
- I’m asked to change bits (i have the 1/4 " round probe that came with the bitzero installed)
- It does it’s initilizing then moves above the bitsetter button and the z axis moves down only about an inch then i get a failure to probe box pop up. the z never goes down enough to even come close to the button.
I’ve restarted everything twice and still does it, software is current build
not sure what to do???