Bit Setter Sequence

Here we go, the first actual test that makes sense :slight_smile: I will do this and see.

Also, there is no issue with going down far enough, there is no slippage as the cut would fail with a slippage.
This has been the case since I started using a bit setter, which is why I initially though that I am doing something out of sync.

Ok… so… after doing the test mentioned above… I needed to cycle between the bits using the Load Tool sequence(after setting the Z manually) a couple times as it was still off a tad. Now they are measuring the same z height when switching. I will do a test cut here in a bit to see if it still holds true.

This doesn’t sound good. If it was a little off, it should stay a little off and not correct itself in this fashion.

By the way, how do you set your Z manually? Is it something like the paper method?

Yes, the paper method. It wasn’t off by much, .25mm or less… but enough I could tell. But every subsequent bit change and Z check, it was spot on.

Pretty curious behaviour.

Unless you’re also changing the bit manually before zeroing, I’m not exactly sure how that could happen.

after setting the Z manually and using the change tool function, the next cut was successful. I appreciate all the dialog and ideas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use VCarve pro 11 and I use the Shapeoko (inch)TOOLCHANGE (*,gcode Clint is this what you use. If not could you tell me which one you use.
Thanks Jeff peters

I use the mm version of that. Very recently, I have switched to the carbide atc mm post processor. Which ever you choose, use the MM version and not the inch. The inch can have issues with curves.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.