Bit suggestions

I’m looking for square end, downcut bits in various diameters but I can’t seem to find them. I find lost of downcut bits that have a concave bottom (if that’s what it’s called) but no square end. In particular I’d like 1/4", 1/8", 1/16" and 1/32" - all downcut, square end. i have some downcut bits that work great for pocketing, leaving a nice clean edge, but some of the stuff I’m doing is using smaller bits for clean up and the concave bottom doesn’t clean all that well.

does anyone have suggestions (preferably with model numbers) for what I’m looking for?

Thanks for the help!!

Harvey Tools recently ran an ad on flat-bottom cutting endmills.

http://www.harveytool.com/prod/Counterbores/Holemaking---Threading/Browse-Our-Products_274/Counterbores---Flat-Bottom_128.aspx

Not sure if they’re suitable for use in our machines — let us know how it works out!

I got my square end downcut endmills on amazon, at the “Hozly” vendor/store. I also bought compression endmills there.

1 Like

@Julien, I see those are all listed as 3.175mm shank. Do they all work OK in the 1/8" precision collet. I know 1/8" is “supposed” to be 3.175mm. I just want to be sure.

I have not had any problem with any of the “3.175mm” I have (ever, regardless of where I bought them), using my 1/8" precision collet (from Elaire).

2 Likes

I’ve liked the Yonico bits.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.