Bitsetter an Cut2d

I’ve just ordered a Bitsetter. I use Cut2D and I’m wondering how to save and merge toolpaths with different sized bits. At present, the software doesn’t permit this. I guess I can us an editing programme, but I’d rather not. Any suggestions?
John

I dont use Cut2D but if its similar to other vectric software you will need to use a modified PostProcessor I would imagine.

For more details and links to a PP check out this other thread.

1 Like

I don’t know if the post processor is the same as the one used in VCarve but you could load the one written by @neilferreri, it does an excellent job for VCarve.

To the best of my knowledge, and someone should correct me if I’m wrong, one of the limitations in Cut 2D that allows them to price it well below their other offerings is that it doesn’t allow more than one tool to be used in a single gcode file.

I don’t think this is a post processor limitation but a marketing/product limitation.

2 Likes

Thanks for your assistance guys.
I’ve installed the Tool Change post processor into Cut2D and it will allow me to save a toolpath with different tools now. So far so good. Just waiting now for the Bitsetter to arrive to test it out.
Thanks again,
john

2 Likes

An Update.
I contacted Vectric about this issue and they have kindly emailed me a Post Processor.
I look forward to trying it.

2 Likes

Can you share it here?
So Cut2D does allow you to use multiple tools in one job?
What’s different about the pp from the V-carve ones?

Hi Neil,
Tried to upload the files but it won’t upload them. I get this message:
“Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, pdf, mcf, stl, tps, dxf, c2d, zip, egc, nc, svg, hex, h, tap).”
They have the extension .ppl. I tried converting to .txt files and upload but same message.
Any suggestions?

Add it to a zip file or just cheat and add a “.zip” to the end.
Changing the extension to .nc would work too. It doesn’t really matter as I’ll know to open with a text editor.

Ok Neil,
I’ve put an “nc” extension on them
j
Shapeoko_inch_TC.nc (4.4 KB) Shapeoko_mm_TC.nc (4.4 KB)

1 Like

Vectric sent those to you?
That’s funny. Those are the ones I put up on GitHub.

I was hoping to learn something from the ones they shared with you.:neutral_face:

2 Likes

Well you learn that they used your work but at least gave you some credit.

Please re-enable arcs — the performance issue was a problem back in Grbl 0.8 I believe, and should be much better now.

1 Like

Thanks, Will. I had wondered about that one. Assumed it was left over from Inventables days. Easel still can’t handle arcs.

The issue in this context would be that it (like Carbide Create) doesn’t emit G2/G3 arcs, so not applicable?

Or do you mean that as a sender Easel won’t allow one to use G2/G3 arcs?

This…
Didn’t matter for this, though. I’ll get it updated.

EDIT: Posts now updated to include arcs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.