BitSetter Attacked by End Mill

So last week I turned on the router before the BitSetter sequence. Needless to say, it spun right into the BitSetter for a few seconds before I could reach it. It appeared to me at that time that only the copper bushing spun up and I just reseated it. Last night I made some firewood trying to run a program and deduced something was wrong with the BitSetter.

This morning I double checked everything and noticed it was unthreaded. It appears to me I can just rethread the plunger, any thing else I’ll need to do?

2 Likes

This happened to me on one of my bitsetters, just from vibration I guess I never hit it with a spinning end mill. I twisted it back in as best I could, no way to hold the nut at least from the top, so I think it is coming unscrewed between jobs I am constantly trying to screw it back in.

I’d open it up. The nut is loose in the enclosure.
Maybe a little loctite.

4 Likes

I followed Neil’s advice and opened it up. Grabbed the nut with a set of needle nose until the threads began to seat and then tightened it down.

One word fix: Loctite

EDIT (Add): This message is directed to Carbide3D assembly department

User repairs do not void the warranty I hope? I was informed it was a sealed unit and should be returned for exchange. I was just not wanting to be out a Bitsetter for a week or so and opted for the “Screw it back in the best you can” method lol.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.