BitSetter Fails Repeatedly

Today when I went to use my machine it began the Bit Zero process, moved above the silver touch button on Bit Zero and then failed, in fact it failed twice. I checked to see that a red light was on, and in fact it was. I also noticed that the silver button looked a little unusual and upon closer inspection I found it very loose. In fact I can lift it out of the socket and in doing so noticed that the end has threads on it. I attempted to push it back into the socket and turn it, both directions, hoping that it would screw into whatever it should be screwed into. No luck. I suspect that this is the problem and am wondering what the solution might be.

I called the help line, but got no answer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Some folks have removed their BitSetter, disassembled it, and then screwed the button back in place w/ a bit of threadlock.

If that’s not an option, please write in to support@carbide3d.com and we will get this worked out.

You described a BitSetter not BitZero

BitSetter- compares bits length to last time z zero was performed.

BitZero- used to set x y and z positions. V1and V2 versions.

BitRunner- used to control router power from gcode commands embeded from Shapeoko Post Processor.

Will:

Not that I am not bright enough to explore the issue myself, but I hate to mess around with electronic things without first finding out it is OK to do so. With your OK I took it apart, screwed the part back on, and it is now working just fine. Thanks for you help.

2 Likes

My machine won’t run the initialization all of a sudden. Only lowers 1/3 of the way and quits. Have no idea what is going on here.

Do you have the correct Z-axis configured?

Is anything mechanically blocking the movement?

Do you have a BitZero? Where is it stored? The groundlead? Are they touching, or is the BitZero active? Does anything show under Active Inputs?

Send a photo of your machine, as well as of your controller and a video in to support@carbid3d.com and we’ll do our best to assist.

I got it fixed. Ended up just reinstalling the software and it works fine now. Thanks for the help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.