Bitsetter Installation Woes

I installed my wonderful new Bitsetter, along with the new BitZero, only to have it hover over the Bitsetter switch before it grinds down and start jackhammering on the switch. Everything appears to be installed correctly. I used the splitter PCB and the BitZero has a green light, so I know there’s power at least to that device. There is, though, no LED glowing on the Bitsetter.

I would like to clear the setup and start over with the installation, but I’m now locked in a loop that wants me to install a bit before it returns to the Bitsetter and jackhammers away.

I’m using CM 513.

Help!

you can test teh connectivity by going into the settings screen of CM (without doing the initialize machine thing)… that screen will show which sensors are active in sort of a live view… you can test limit switches but also the probes this way.

1 Like

The bitsetter should have a green led lit and turn red if you manually push the button down. Some people have had the bottom stick on brand new ones and the button wont depress. Carbide3d will replace if that is the case but some have taken a soft mallot and tapped (not hit) the button until it works. But the led should be flowing green so check your connections on the splitter board if you have no led light up…

A green LED, you say? I haven’t had a green LED since I’ve had it but the red one works and the functionality is there.

@DrDarin I would check connectivity as fenrus mentioned as well as simply depress the BitSetter button (after powering on but before initialization to avoid the crash) to confirm whether you see a red LED when depressed all the way. If you don’t see connectivity then give a tap as Guy suggested.

As far as breaking the loop, after you power on and before you click on the initialize button, you should be able to access the settings to uncheck or modify BitSetter settings before tool offset probing.

2 Likes

I believe you’re conflating the BitZero (alu. block w/ green LED which switches to red) with the BitSetter (anodized gunmetal with LED which only lights red when the steel button is depressed) — managed to type BitSetter when I meant BitRunner on the support queue earlier (mea culpa), so am wondering if maybe we’ve gotten a bit too cute w/ the branding.

Sorry I miss spoke. There is no green led on bit setter only red led when button depressed. My bit zero rests directly below my bit setter and I conflated the two different device behaviors.

BitSetter - measures bits (red led when button pushed)

BitZero - sets axis zeros (touch probe) (green led on constant until touched by clip then turns red)

BitRunner - turns router on and off ( has 3 position switch and power on led both red and green)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.