Bitsetter Set Screws

Hey does anyone know if this kit https://www.harborfreight.com/150-piece-set-screw-assortment-67671.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12169520316&campaignid=12169520316&utm_content=120871697990&adsetid=120871697990&product=67671&store=185&gclid=CjwKCAjwx8iIBhBwEiwA2quaq9Hn2XTGTHTAamMEdSD2kIOzpM5Hz7kr7fMJazBGb-87ViL4_if7_BoC828QAvD_BwE from HF will work in place of the set screws for the bit setter? As I mentioned in a previous post, I just recently received mine, got ready to hook it up today, seems I was sent everything “but” some set screws. I found this kit at HF and wondered if the small ones in this kit would fit as replacements. It would probably take the Carbide team 2 days just to send me a little ziplock of set screws, I’m trying to save them from having to do that.

No, that won’t work, since it’s Imperial.

You need metric, M4 in two different lengths (6mm and 4mm) if possible, see:

Let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to get them to you as quickly as we can.

Ok, I just messaged support. Thanks, you saved me a trip too

I made a front screw mount for mine.

3 Likes

Neil:

A little more detail on your front mount for the BitSetter would be appreciated.

Perhaps an exploded view of the mounting process.

Being able to easily remove the BitSetter when surfacing the spoilboard is a good thing.

Bill

Original BitSetter: (back piece highlighted as that is what I replaced)

Front Mount:

I think I used M3 screws through the front.

The back mounts using the existing hardware.

I’ll get real pics later.
Definitely detracts from the sleek design, but I didn’t want to remove the wasteboard.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.