BitZero always 0.5mm too high

Hey folks! I’m using the Triquetra CNC touch probe (have also experienced this with the Dog River touch probe), and every time I use it to set the Z height, the Z is 0.5mm above the material. If I go to manually jog the spindle and drop to 0.25mm steps, it’s exactly two steps down in order to make a piece of paper not move underneath the bit. I’ve seen a few other threads out there but none were exactly this problem, so I wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to change the offset of the probe within Motion so that way I could just add the extra 0.5mm to the parameters and (hopefully) fix the problem? It seems to be exactly 0.5mm every time, and I would love to be able to use my touch probe to set zero instead of manually doing it every time.

I do wish I had an official BitZero to try out but alas it didn’t come with the CNC when I purchased it second-hand and I’ve got the other two touch probes on hand.

Seems likely that the thickness of those probes don’t line up with the official probes. You could maybe add a shim to the probe?

1 Like

Or, if the top surface of the probe is solid aluminum or another soft metal, just use your CNC to shave the probe down .5mm, maybe?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.