Bitzero reacts on human touch

Whilst using my bit zero i’m unable to hold it with my hands, due to the fact it reacts to my touch. By doing so carbide motion thinks it detects a bit zero. Anybody experiencing this same problem. If so how to rectify this issue

Unfortunately I’m unable to attach a smal video on this matter.

Best regards

Rogier Hoogmolen

Which version of the BitZero do you have? Connected to what sort of machine?

This is caused by your completing the ground circuit — what are you standing on? Are you touching the machine in some other place?

Where is the machine plugged in/connected to ground?

Could you please send us photos to support@carbide3d.com showing an overall view of the machine as well as of all the connections in question? Including how the machine is plugged into the wall?

Some people are more electrical conductive than others. However this is likely something else. The questions @WillAdams asked may go a long way to figuring this out.

The BitZero v1 sits on the spoilboard and the whole piece is conductive. The magnet is attached to the collet of the router and so when it comes down and contacts the top of the V1 BitSetter it completes the electrical circuit and Shapeoko turns on t he red light on the Bit Zero and sets your Z zero at that contact point.

The BitZero V2 is different. The base is electrically insulated but still works similar to the v1 in that when the magnet on the collet and the bit touch the surface of the V2 BitZero it completes an electrical circuit and the Shapeoko turns on the red light and registers the Z Zero.

So other than your electric personality setting the BitZero off look for something that is touching the frame of the machine that is completing the electrical circuit through your body.

Well thank you directed me in the correct direction I found indeed mij ground wire in my wall outlet severed. Reconnected de ground wire and now it works properly again. Thanks for the tip

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.