Bitzero v2 disappointing - top left and fail

1. I cannot use it on the top left corner because the Z wanders off the probe. It seems a bit remiss, especially when I don’t want to accurately measure my stock when carving on the top left, quite a normal requirement

2. 1/3 times it says Probing failed (usually with a v bit in). Now that’s fine, but it makes me do the whole initialisation sequence again right from the beginning of the job!

Other topics around this subject have been closed which I assume means the developers have cancelled the discussion!

The BitZero v2 is best used w/ a probing pin — do you have this difficulty when using one of the bundled pins?

I thought about a probing pin but there is just no way it’s worth changing bits because this would result in a completely new bitsetter cycle - twice.

1 - Just do the XY, and Z probes separately. Make sure to place the probe properly on the material. I do agree that having an option to tell it a different corner for the XYZ would be a nice addition.

2 - A vbit is the exact worst one to use for probing. The point of the vbit makes the depth of contact, or even continuity in general, inconsistent at best. And who knows what the flute orientation will be. It could throw off your XY by a lot as well. I always use the pin that came with the BitZero to set XYZ. I’m fact, I change it to the pin when I shut the machine down, unless I’m running the same parts the next day. It is well worth it for the consistency and accuracy. The time you would lose to changing it 100 times already makes up for the frustration and time you’ve spent not wanting to do that tool change and experiencing issues.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice
With (2) my v bit has two flutes so should work

Still seems like a better choice than spending longer trying to zero with the bit in.

I still HIGHLY recommend using the included pin to set XYZ. Any inconsistencies you remove will do nothing but help. A 1 minute tool change is a lot less time and money than ruining a part.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.