Buttons aren't toys

Got few solid days making saw dust on my pro 5. Have a few questions:

I know all to well what the big red button does, what does the white led button do?

What about all these buttons and knobs?

And finally, what is this rail used for?

Thanks in advance!

The white LED button is used to pause the machine during a cut.

The VFD is setup from C3D and these buttons serve no function that I’m aware of.

This knurled knob and rail is for future add-ons such as a laser engraver module. J-Tec currently sells an aftermarket laser module that will attach here and maybe C3d is developing something of their own.

1 Like

I’ve used the Red button on the VFD :rofl:

(If you overload the spindle, you need to reset the VFD before the spindle will run again.) :wink:

1 Like

As noted, Feed-hold, reset, and:

Oh and this wasn’t pictured originally but I do use this button on the bottom portion of the VFD to disable the spindle during bit changes.

1 Like

Does the pause button on the power pennant work like the pause button in CM? If I needed to step away from the machine for a few minutes (like run inside for a restroom break) could i hit the pause button on the power pennant, push the button on the VFD to turn off the spindle, then turn everything back on in reverse order to resume without any drama?

Yes, you can use that pause button to put the job on hold. Then start the job in CM or whichever controller software you are using. Very handy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.