Cable find help pls 🙏

I need to find this please any help?

Is this kit will help for the board?

Qibaok Crimping Tool Kit Ratcheting Crimper with 1550PCS 2.54mm Dupont Connectors and 760pcs 2.54mm JST-XH Connectors for AWG 26-20(0.1-0.5mm²) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZK5F8HP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_3JIbFbPWBDN1N

I would just cut 4 pins from a larger pin header, and solder a wire to one of them, then do solder bridges to the other pins, add a piece of heatshrink tubing around that, done.

1 Like

What about the 2 pin connector is is the same kit that I mentioned in the link ? And very big thanks :pray:

Ah right, so you can do it the right way with a crimping tool like the one you linked, or you can do it the quick and dirty way I end up using when I’m lazy: reuse an existing Dupont wire with female connectors at one end, cut it, strip the wire, and solder that to the wire you soldered to the 4pin header.

1 Like

I’m coming to find that crimping DuPont connectors is an art form in and of itself.

3 Likes

If you can tell me what the right tool and right method is to get consistent results, I’m all ears, then I’ll revisit my current approach which is:

• grab my crimping tool, and the parts
  • meticulously prepare the wire for crimping
  • try to align things in the crimp tool, drop things on the floor a couple of times, get irritated, press the crimping tool, see the result, get more irritated.
  • put the crimping tool back in its drawer while cursing, grab the soldering iron for some Dupont jumpers hacking time.
  • feel bad about not mastering such a simple technique
1 Like

It makes me want to practice with every single female pin in the kit I bought, but also has me terrified that I’m going to yield nothing but a goose egg.

One of the best instructable I’ve come across just so happens to be on the topic of DuPont crimping.

4 Likes

Awesome instructable! There goes my evening.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.