Cable Management at Control Board

Hello friends!

I have a Shapeoko 4 XL, with a Bitsetter and BitZero. There is a good amount of excess cable (from the BitSetter, and all the Stepper Motors) currently all coiled up in the control board housing. It’s a bit of a rats nest.

Does everyone have this problem? Has anyone solved it?

I am thinking I could cut all of these cables and then splice them (keeping the existing molex connectors on the end) to make them shorter so there’s no excess, but I don’t love that idea.

Or 3D print a small box and mount it next to the control board box and coil the wires up in there. Again, don’t love that approach.

What do you all do? Just live with the rats nest? Or something more elegant?

I managed a reasonable curve of cables and used some zip-ties to make it all more tractable.

1 Like

I made this to move some of the cable external to the controller enclosure. It has worked well.

Cable Management

Bill

3 Likes

I just shoved everything in there and screwed the lid on. Someday I’ll do something about it. . .

[Narrator] “He won’t.”

3 Likes

Is that like “I may use that someday” Took a ton of it to the dump not too long ago.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the one. I offloaded generously gifted a large Rubbermaid storage tub of AV cables to an unsuspecting lucky Craigslist person when I realized that I would never use those, because those are the ones that were left over after upgrading.

So much relief with them gone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.