Calling All Makers: Carbide Community Build Competition #5 starts now!

Calling All Makers: Carbide Community Build Competition #5 starts now!
Carbide Community Build Competition #5 (5/20/17 – 6/20/17)
Rules: Entries should be completed during the build dates but if you have something you’ve recently created that fit’s the criteria please feel free to share it.
Theme: Kitchen Life
Making life in the kitchen easier through various means. A few ideas would be lid racks, spoon rests, trivets, or anything else that helps in some way. Maybe even a sign that’ll bring a smile to you or your friends and family!
Material: Open
Machine: Nomad or Shapeoko
Toosl: Your choice
Required Info in your Post:
Photos! The More the better.
A) Materials used
B) Cutters
C) Design software used to create your project
D) Machine (and model) used
Additional details and extras aren’t required but might help in earning votes from the Carbide Community:
E) Work-holding
F) Finishing
G) Sourcing of supplies is often very helpful.
H) Concept Sketch
I) Machining Time
J) Carbide Create .C2D file
Voting will be done with the Heart :heart:button located at the bottom of each builders’ post. The post that gets the most :heart:likes wins.
@robgrz Rob Grzesek Said carbide3d will provide the prizes.
The winner each week will start the challenge off for the following week so be ready with ideas.You will get to decide the theme/rules/tools/materials and whatever
The idea is to build something simple with materials most people have on hand. Items such as scrap wood/pallet wood would all make great choices.
This build is from (5/20/17 – 6/20/17) post as many projects as you would like.
To all our past and future builders, Your builds inspire us all and help keep our community growing. Thank you!

4 Likes

Is anyone working on the next build yet?

I’ve been busy with the start of summer but I’m thinking a salt and pepper holder would come in handy. I’ll get some pictures up shortly.

2 Likes