Cancer sucks pc board engraver

Buddy’s uncles has cancer so we are going to surprise him with this on his gun part

7 Likes

Very nice. I suppose the carving only removed the anodized finish on the AR receiver? What bit did you use.

1 Like

Sweet AR Lower! I have engraved a bunch of AR extractor port covers. I use a diamond drag bit. Port covers are mild steel and either anodized or powder coat. In either case it does etch the metal.

1 Like

Used the pc board tool and went too 40%
Tool speed and it was only.005 deep

Used the PC board tool but I put a dial indicator in the Chuck to adjust the part so it was flat
It helped because I only went a few thousand past the anodize on the part

Mind sharing a link to the drag bit your using?

That is really cool! Could you tell me a little more about the mount you used to fixture the lower receiver for engraving?

https://shop.carbide3d.com/collections/cutters/products/501-pcb-engraver-qty-2?variant=44153728198

engravingbit.com. Made in the USA! I like it so far and you can buy the replacement diamond bit which is much cheaper than buying the bit sleeve, spring and diamond bit.

1 Like

Here is one I did last month.

The 300 Blackout, very nice. I saw up above a diamond drag big but the link is to a 3/8 shank bit. Does anyone have a link for a 1/4 inch shank diamond drag bit?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.