Cant connect to cutter

I will give that a try but would it still happen without the router running?

Yep, even with the router off. Just by being plugged in, the line was too noisy for the rest of the wiring to handle.

It also seems like this effects people in dry climates. Iā€™m in Colorado at a fairly high elevation. Are you also somewhere thatā€™s pretty dry?

2 Likes

Im in upstate New York.

What part of Colorado do you live in Corey? Iā€™m down in Pueblo.

Iā€™m up here in Longmont. Nice to meet you John!

1 Like

I had the same problem a few years ago when I ran my machine in the winter (Illinois) while using a gas heater. Even if the machine didnā€™t disconnect on its own, if I got very close to it, I would zap it. I read somewhere that if I hooked up my festool vacuum with the anti static hose, that it would do the trick. I had the vacuum but had never set it up for use with the Shapeoko because I was having too much fun making things. I went ahead and set it up, and I havenā€™t had an issue since. Iā€™m certainly not saying thatā€™s what people should do as itā€™s an expensive way to solve the issue, but if you were thinking about buying one or already had one anyway, thatā€™s an option as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.