Carbide 3D usb drivers?

Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Quick question about the specific usb driver package that is installed with Carbide Motion. What exactly are they for? I’m having trouble using my usb from my Surface to my other machine (Nova 51 w/ Ruida controller). So I’m wondering if those specific drivers are doing something that might be causing issues on the Ruida?

Thanks!

The Carbide 3D USB drivers should only be needed to allow Carbide Motion to connect to a Nomad or Shapeoko.

They shouldn’t interfere w/ other devices — if they do, let us know at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to have a developer look into this.

1 Like

Our drivers are not binary drivers that install additional code onto your machine. They’re just files that associate the built-in Microsoft drivers with our electronics. They’re very unlikely to cause a problem with other devices.

2 Likes

Figured out the problem. Nothing to do with C3D’s drivers or anything.

Maybe this might help others in the future. If you are using a laptop with a built in camera, you may have to disable it first in the device manager. Under your hardware and devices in control panel, set the usb camera as default imaging device. Then, under ‘camera’ in your control panel, give the usb camera rights to access apps. Bit of work to make it function, but happy I got it setup and doing its thing now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.