Carbide creat Q

Legs.c2d (993.6 KB)

Hi all,
My first time here,
I try the contour on the legs and the toolpaths looks like the line is break, what am I doing wrong ?
look at the top of the legs from the tool paths,
Thank you for helping
Meir

Hi @meirass,

Carbide Create is displaying the vectors in pink color to give you a hint that it detects they are not closed shapes:

And indeed if you zoom way in on the sections where the weird toolpath break happens,

you’ll see that the shape is not closed there:

Same thing for the break that is visible on the left vertical section :

And this is why the toolpaths look weird: CC actually creates two individual contour toolpaths for the “halves” of your shape, given those two breaks in the vector.

It seems like maybe you grouped a set of curves, that looked like they were joining at their extremity, but in fact didn’t (quite). And the grouped shape then looks like a single continuous contour, when it’s not.

You should be able to fix this using the node edit tool at the two places where discontinuities are present

4 Likes

Thank you for your answer, going to try fix it.
meir

Node edit and Join Vectors, which is a separate command — and which command raises the question, should it be possible to close vectors while Node Editing.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.