Carbide Create 7 Beta 723

Having the same issue repeat itself again and again,even after remaking the designs and tool paths. Im using John Clarks video as the example for this project. Box Making with Shapeoko - YouTube

All I am trying to do is make a simple box. The cut out won’t actually cut out the box but instead cuts through the middle of the stock between the left and right edges. Tried this multiple times, remade the files from scratch and just cannot figure out why this is happening. It could be a beta “thing”, it could be a “Jeremy” thing. I attached the file and someone could check it, that would be great.
Best,
Jeremy
circle hex square boxes.c2d (248 KB)

Hi Jeremy-

I’m not sure I see the problem, other than the area pointed to by the arrow below where the top and bottom are too close for the cutter to fit through:

Can you provide any other information or annotation to show where the problem is. (My lack of understanding could very well be a “Rob” thing)

1 Like

Well, that was an oops on my part. I didn’t notice the “red arrow” marked part. My error. What was happening is probably best shown in the crude picture attached.

The cutout is happening in the wrong place.
Best,
Jeremy

Got it. I suspect the machine is shifting while running for some reason. Shoot an email to support and they can help you get it figured out.

(To be complete, it could also be your stock shifting but the photos makes it look fairly secure to me.)

1 Like

I will take care of that immediately. Appreciate your help.
Best,
Jeremy

I had a similar issue but on a single SVG. One of the corners in the SVG was too tight for a .25 EM.
So I did the toolpath with a .125 EM but left the .25 EM in the machine. It worked fine.

I learned my lesson to make digital tools, I think it was one of Kevin’s videos I watched and got that idea from. We all live and learn. CNC is not complicated, but it does have lots of small steps that I keep missing!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.