Carbide create -extra characters to get 15 - (strange)

Please contact Burke Lashell about the Phlatscript page:

https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php?title=PhlatScript&action=history

If you would like to actually work with us to resolve problems and to facilitate your learning how to use the software, we will gladly work with you.

If you find Fusio 360’s toolpathing cumbersome, then I doubt you’ll be very accepting of Carbide Create’s, since it is unfortunately quite simplistic.

If you want help, please post a file or a project which you are having difficulty with and we will try to work through things with you.

If you wish to complain, please send an e-mail to support@carbide3d.com

I have already asked for a refund.
For this kind of support I could have built my own 3-axis machine and saved a lot of money!

Hey Mike-

We’ve got a fairly big update to Carbide Create coming out very soon. You can try out the “unstable” release from https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/unstable/ .

This “unstable” page is how we distribute in-progress versions to our team for testing so that’s the latest we’re testing internally.

Text is a big change in this version and is responsible for most of the changes in this version- it was almost impossible to change the text without changing the rest of the UI to make it consistent.

The new build 400 on the Unstable channel adds a “Font Size” parameter for text entry to make it easier to make multiple lines consistent. That said, actual size is tricky because some fonts have little characteristics to make them a little taller or shorter than the sizes they define internally. All that said, this should be a much better build for text vectors.

We’re just working on fixing some customer files that didn’t load well and then we’ll be ready to launch this as a beta.

Expect some big Carbide Create updates in the coming months.

[EDIT] If you have DXF files that don’t load that can be shared, please send them to support@carbide3d.com. We have a new DXF parser that we’re looking to integrate and it would be helpful to have more test cases.

4 Likes

Well I installed 403 on my Mac but since the last O/S update, all versions of CC 400 (I tried all three I had) will not load, the icon jumps up and down, the bar at the top appears and the wheel is spinning for several minutes without completely loading. I reported to support a week ago and did not get an answer except for the acknowledgement so I hope someday, this will be addressed. FYI, 3.16 loads just fine.