Carbide Create - Image Tracing

Awesome feature enhancement. Works great! I had a rather complex image that i needed to advance vcarve on, and just couldnt get it right w/ inkscape. I had spent hours and finally gave up. This little feature got what I needed in < 3 min. A little tweaking and deleting of some rogue vectors and image was ready to carve. Cant wait to see what is in store next. Now… just increase the button size of the threshold slider and I’ll be ecstatic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jeffbenedict You going to share the output of the trace or just leave us hanging?

1 Like

@Intohouse is right, now you have to share…

2 Likes

So, my friend had created this for her laser and sent me the PNG.

Inkscape tracing was having issues with the “fading” around everything. So I used the new Image Tracing w/ Carbide Create to get this:

After tweaking it a little to get it the way I wanted, with the outside stars of the flag and a couple extra vectors, after setting up 2 tool paths, one to pocket the flag and stars and the other to vcarve the eagle; the simulation looks like this:

Awesome job Carbide 3D!! Can’t wait to actually carve it. Once I do, I’ll post that pic too.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.