Carbide Create Tools Library

I was going to post this as a question, but I discovered the answer.

The problem:

I do my CAD on my main workstation step, with mouse/keyboard/multiple monitors. I do my CAM on old laptop of my Dad gave me which I refurbished. I like to generate the gcode on the CAM machine since I might have some last minute tweaks or need to make a correction after I start cutting. The problem is how do I make sure my user defined tool definitions are synced.

The solution

This was mostly answered by @Tod1d and I would have just added this to this topic.

but it is closed.

To complete the answer, the export file is located in at \User\<username>\AppData\Local\Carbide 3D\Carbide Create\tools. All user defined tool libraries are found there. The file name gets translated to the library name with the exception that + gets changed to -. Of course, this is my observation on a windows system. Be good if a Mac user could figure out the corresponding information.

With this information, it should be enough to also allow you to import fusion tools libraries into CC.

If anyone is interested, I would be happy write a translator tool in python and post it here. Just PM me, I’ve only started dabbling with Fusion, so I don’t know that side of things very well.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.