Carbide Motion (428) sending wrong config data for x/y size? (grbl params 130, 131)

Fantastic — thanks, @Luke!

Especially appreciate the clarification that Bitsetter setup is CM only and isn’t sending/overwriting GRBL settings :pray:

@Luke Does Motion use the GRBL machine limits ($130 & $131) to calculate its rapid positions?

@neilferreri I don’t believe so.

@geoff - keep us posted.

1 Like

First: thanks for all the help!

Second: I think your advice steps mostly worked. By deselecting HDZ and manually changing the recommended params (3, 102, 112,122, 132):

• Good: I can again use the rapid positions without crashing into the X-stops
  • Bad: I can no longer jog through the full Z range offered by the HDZ in the Jog pane; I can only jog down 99 millimeters from the top of the HDZ

I’m guessing this is because CM jog controls ignore param 132 and instead just look at whether you have HDZ enabled in settings.

I can live with this for now, but would love others suggestions if you have them!

Best bet may be to remove my Suckit ears and try to find a different solution for dust collection. Given the popularity of the Suckit product, this feels like something to fix in a future version of CM: right now if you have an HDZ, as I understand it you need to choose between using a Suckit, or being able to jog through your full Z-range.

(Why is it a problem not being able to jog through the full z-range? well if I can’t jog to the spoil board, I can’t set it as my Z=0 to surface it)

1 Like

We “might” have something to share in the next few weeks.

5 Likes

I was hoping something like that might be in the works :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

You sure know how to tease :+1:

1 Like