Carbide Motion issues getting the Default Settings from arduino "SOLVED" but created a new problem

@buhmiller, No, no luck yet. I removed and reinstalled both carbide motion and arduino IDE and their drivers, but no changes.

I think I figured out the right settings to flash the board though, elsewhere I saw to use Arduino Uno and the chip is an ATMEGA 328, baud rate 115200.

I haven’t heard back from support yet either. I’m about a 90 min drive from their office, I’m tempted to run up there on my day off with my controller and laptop…

Adam

1 Like

@aharner, sorry I thought I had answers this, but I guess not. Carbide 3D support responded and they are sending me a new controller board. It is on its way now and when I get it, I am going to start right off with Mac OS 10.11.2. I will let you know how it goes.

Todd

Did the new board work?

Sorry for not responding. I got the board just before I left town for work. I haven’t been able to do anything with it yet. I will be able to next Wednesday as that is when I get home.

Todd

New board worked for me when I had the same problem.

I received my new board a couple of weeks ago, but had to leave town for work. I am back now and I have installed the new board and have started to test.

The good news is the new board works on my Late 2011 MacBook Pro 17", running OS 10.11.3, Carbide Create Beta 283 and Carbide Motion 2.0.350 (Haven’t updated Carbide Motion yet). I can create the project in Create, save as code and load into Motion and it will cut the project. I am able to open up the Log window and send the $$ commands in the MDI interface.

The Bad news (for me) is I can not seem to get this to work (not able to connect and control my S3) on my Mac Pro Tower Early 2008, Mac OS 10.11.3., Carbide Motion 2.0.355. Once I can control my S3, I will bring Create into the mix.

I have updated Motion to 3.0.355 and it works fine on my MacBook Pro. I am not sure what the issue is with my Mac Pro Tower. I am using the same USB cable.

Now I can work on calibration of the S3, and then get started to making stuff!

I like the reworked interface on Motion!

Yes it does.

The good news is the new board works on my Late 2011 MacBook Pro 17", running OS 10.11.3, Carbide Create Beta 283 and Carbide Motion 2.0.350 (Haven’t updated Carbide Motion yet). I can create the project in Create, save as code and load into Motion and it will cut the project. I am able to open up the Log window and send the $$ commands in the MDI interface.

The Bad news (for me) is I can not seem to get this to work (not able to connect and control my S3) on my Mac Pro Tower Early 2008, Mac OS 10.11.3., Carbide Motion 2.0.355. Once I can control my S3, I will bring Create into the mix.