Carbide Motion stopped homing, $21=1 and settings are "true"

I just got done setting up my SO3 XXL last night (just my kind of friday night) and I set up the homing sensors today. They worked for a couple hours and now just won’t.

I checked to see if they’re installed as per the instructions, they are. I checked to see if they were plugged in correctly on the board, they are. The Z switch works, Z carriages bumps it and backs off. The X and Y switches get bumped and the carriages just stay engaged with the switch without backing off but without crashing through them.

I’ve set $21=1 and made “Shapeoko has homing = true” in settings but when I run $h I get a “GRBL Error: Setting Disabled” messages and the thing just sits there.

When I go to Jog, it asks to home but all it does is move -X a couple inches and stops with the same “setting disabled” message. I click the message to clear it but the “Homing Machine” screen remains and won’t go away until I turn off the machine.

I’ve been working this through and scanning the forums for a few hours but I’m starting to lose my mind, I’m beginning to think that green hexagon is mocking me.

Any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated, here’s my numbers:

___________$0=10 ___________
___________$1=255 ___________
___________$2=0 ___________
___________$3=6 ___________
___________$4=0 ___________
___________$5=0 ___________
___________$6=0 ___________
___________$10=255 ___________
___________$11=.02 ___________
___________$12=.01 ___________
___________$13=0 ___________
___________$20=0 ___________
___________$21=0 ___________
___________$22=0 ___________
___________$23=0 ___________
___________$24=100 ___________
___________$25=1000 ___________
___________$26=25 ___________
___________$27=5 ___________
___________$100=40 ___________
___________$101=40 ___________
___________$102=40 ___________
___________$110=5000 ___________
___________$111=5000 ___________
___________$112=5000 ___________
___________$120=400 ___________
___________$121=400 ___________
___________$122=400 ___________
___________$130=425 ___________
___________$131=465 ___________
___________$132=80 ___________

I experienced similar issues (not exact).

Newb Q’s and Homing Issues

$130 and $131 should be 850 for your XXL.
I’ve also set $22 to 1 to enable homing.

I found that enabling the CM “Shapeoko has homing” to be troublesome. Rather I issued a $H command via the manual data input and experienced joy.

I’ve also experienced much more joy since migrating from Carbide Motion to the Universal G-Code Sender.

That’s what worked for me…


Thanks for the help! I tried to install G-Code Sender and UGS but I was having all kinds of problems with it acknowledging my COMM. Tried them all and all I got was a lackluster hangup on COMM4.

I tried inputing the new $$ values on the MDI screen but when I check my numbers (ctrl-1 on Info menu). It just shows the old values. Is there another way to put them in?


New numbers=
$0=10 (step pulse, usec)
$1=255 (step idle delay, msec)
$2=0 (step port invert mask:00000000)
$3=6 (dir port invert mask:00000110)
$4=0 (step enable invert, bool)
$5=0 (limit pins invert, bool)
$6=0 (probe pin invert, bool)
$10=255 (status report mask:11111111)
$11=0.020 (junction deviation, mm)
$12=0.010 (arc tolerance, mm)
$13=0 (report inches, bool)
$14=1 (auto start, bool)
$20=1 (soft limits, bool)
$21=0 (hard limits, bool)
$22=1 (homing cycle, bool)
$23=0 (homing dir invert mask:00000000)
$24=100.000 (homing feed, mm/min)
$25=1000.000 (homing seek, mm/min)
$26=25 (homing debounce, msec)
$27=5.000 (homing pull-off, mm)
$100=40.000 (x, step/mm)
$101=40.000 (y, step/mm)
$102=40.000 (z, step/mm)
$110=5000.000 (x max rate, mm/min)
$111=5000.000 (y max rate, mm/min)
$112=5000.000 (z max rate, mm/min)
$120=400.000 (x accel, mm/sec^2)
$121=400.000 (y accel, mm/sec^2)
$122=400.000 (z accel, mm/sec^2)
$130=850.000 (x max travel, mm)
$131=850.000 (y max travel, mm)
$132=80.000 (z max travel, mm)

Problem persists though, the X and Y switches are hit and the carriage just stalls at the point of contact with the switch. Starting to suspect there’s a bad switch in the works…

edit: and that’s when I’m using $h command