Carbide motion v5 routing very small text

Hey there folks, I just download carbide motion version five on my new Windows 10 PC laptop. I loaded a gcode Program to machine piece of wood 24“ x 8“. The first program sequence was to V carve letters that were programmed at 1 inch high. I loaded up the G code, which I created using the Aspire, and started the program. Surprisingly, the router started carving the text that would be more suited on a 1/16 x 1/16 piece of wood. I pulled out my magnifying glass and looked at what was routed. It actually routed extremely small characters. I suspect there is a setting that I didn’t see. I am programming using inch scale. Has anybody experienced this type of issue?

Thank you for your time!

Since you are designing in inches, make sure to use the inch version of the Shapeoko post-processor is Aspire to save your gcode. You may have inadvertently used the millimeter one.

Thank you @rowiac! I believe I did set it for an inch, but now you got me thinking. I’ll check it out first thing tomorrow morning and report back. This really baffles me. Not to mention it’s for a Christmas present that I need to get done tomorrow. My fallback solution is to pull out my old very slow laptop which runs version three and get it done that way.

Did you do “Hello World”? Did it draw at the expected size? (should almost fill a sheet of paper)

Please try doing it again? Is it still the same size?

Thank you very much. You nailed it. I just didn’t switch the shapeoko option for post processing when I created the gcode. All is well here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.