Carbide Router -Collet

I have had my Nomad #251 and 2 other .25" end mills come out of the collet in the middle of 3 different projects. I have the carbide 3d router and the upgraded collets. The first time I thought that maybe I didn’t tighten the bit enough, but the other times I have been torqued so hard I was afraid I would break something. What is causing these bits to fall out and ruin projects? I am very conservative on feeds and speeds, so I do not believe that is the problem… I am thinking about a router upgrade as I believe the collet on this router is just bad.

Have you had the collet out for inspection and cleaning? Chips and dust will heavily reduce the clamping force.

1 Like

Yessir, I have pulled it out a lot and clean out the dust every time. In fact, you cant really install a 1/4" bit without pulling the collet out, seems to be very tight fit.

Very sorry to hear about this difficulty.

Please contact us at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to work through this with you.

1 Like

ok, I will do that, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.