Happy 2020 everyone!
Now that 2019 and Community challenge #2 are behind us, let’s move on to our third challenge:
Fancy textures !
Texture toolpaths were introduced in Carbide Create quite some time ago, but I don’t see them being showcased very often, so here’s the opportunity to add a string to your bow (or is that only a French saying ?)
The rules for this third challenge are:
- it must be made on a Shapeoko or Nomad
- it can be ANYTHING but it must include (and showcase/show off!) textures
created with Carbide Create
- EDIT: use any CAD/CAM tool you want (and this includes CC Pro)
- submit your entry in this thread:
- post pics of the finished piece
- include the associated design file(s) and tell us about the steps you followed to create it.
- you can post multiple entries if you want.
- similar timeline as for challenge #2:
you have ~10 days to submit your project, deadline is set to Jan 11th, midnight PST
- EDITED: deadline extended to January 17th midnight PST
On Jan 12th, I will launch a poll and everyone will then have until Jan 17th to cast their vote(s) among the list of projects that were submitted on time.
- EDITED: voting will begin on the 18th now
- the jury (that’s @Jorge and the usual suspects at Carbide 3D, plus myself) reserves the right to remove votes from “suspicious” voters, and will also break any tie.
I think you will like the prizes for this challenge: Amana cutter packs! (which have been introduced recently on Carbide 3D’s store)
- First place will win the “CNC signmaking pack” 197-K, the “Plastic cutting pack 195-K”, and some Carbide 3D swag
Downcut, compression, and single-flute endmills are awesome for their specific intended usecases
- Second place will win the “CNC signmaking” 115-K, and some Carbide 3D swag
- And for this third challenge, there will also be a third prize, the “judge’s prize”: I will decide which project I liked most (hint: I value originality, effort, and enthusiasm a lot). That prize is also a 115-K cutter pack:
Let’s see what you can do with textures !