Crashed the Bitzero and now it's stuck

I installed my Bitsetter and BitZero today. I got them when I purchased the machine, however I waited to install them until after I had learned the basics of XYZ’ing.
I installed the BitZero without problem. I placed a test piece down and it measured appropriately.
I then followed the directions on YouTube for the Bitsetter. It is placed correctly. I went to machine settings and then “Settings”. The pop up window had a place to enable Bitsetter, which I checked. I then homed the machine over the Bitsetter and…
here is where I think I screwed it up…
I hit “Send Configuration Data”
This caused all manner of crash and burn. The bit plunged into the Bitsetter until there was nowhere else to go. I hit the kill button and was able to remove the end mill.
I tried to initialize the machine and it crashed into the Bitsetter.
My guess is that I sent the wrong data to the machine and it now thinks that “Initialized Home” is over the Bitsetter?
I figured that I could just reset the machine from the initial set up window like when it was new, however that window does not come up when I hit the “settings” tab.

Any easy fix to this stupidity?

I found a way in Settings to change the set up. I was able to select my correct machine and Z-plus and then send the default configuration to the machine. I then raised the Z screw to get the spindle in the middle of it’s range. Now, when I initialize it, I get homing error messages and messages that it cannot find the limit switches…,

OK I’ll make my post even longer…
I reloaded the configurations for the third time and it appears that it is now homing correctly.
I still don’t know what happened to the bitzero…
Going to try a test cut now.
Wish me luck.

Thanks
Bill

Go into Settings and disable the BitSetter when you first connect to the machine.

Then, test the BitSetter button — does the BitSetter light up red when you press the button?

Does the BitZero work if you touch the lead to it? (It should go from green light to red)

If everything tests out okay, try reconfiguring the BitSetter per the instructions. If not, send us photos showing how everything is connected to support@carbide3d.com

Thanks for checking in Will…
I have been able to get the machine running by following C3d instructions instead of a YouTube video. Duh…
I have it all working now, kind of,
The bit setter works fine and the bitzero is set up, but now I am just having workflow issues.
I will create another topic later if I can’t figure it out.
Thank you very much

Bill

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.