Crashing trying to save Cad files

We spent quite a bit of time to design a spoil board in the free version of carbide create and when I tried to save just the design before I did the tool pass it wouldn’t save and the program actually locked up so I lost everything.

Do you have a backup?

If you’re saving to OneDrive it may allow you to access previous versions of a file.

Are you on Mac OS X or Windows? Where are you saving the file to? Do you have any utilities running which modify the File | Save dialog?

If you can provide a file, or step-by-step instructions which are repeatable for a given crash in a current version of the program in a supported OS version which is patched and up-to-date, please send it in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to look into it.

When I am working on a problematic project where this sort of thing happens, I will start saving early, and with each save, will resave under a new filename, either appending a number and incrementing that, or a brief description of the state of the file.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.