Create keeps crashing

Carbide Create keeps crashing when I try to edit nodes on the small half circle piece in the bottom right. I’ve tried to delete the rest of the project so all that’s left is the pieces I want to edit and it still doesn’t help. No pop ups or anything saying it has stopped working, just crashes every time.

bronco24.c2d (95.6 KB)

Hi Brad, A quick try and I didn’t have any issues. What version of CC and operating system are you using? Can you post a screen clip of the vector you want to edit highlighted, I didn’t see a small half circle that wasn’t part of a larger vector?

I am using V5 and Windows 10 on an Asus laptop. I circled the the vector in question. I am trying to add a triangle to the center of the flat area. As soon as I add a second node on the flat line, CC crashes

I’m also on Win 10 but using CC build 614. I still had CC build 530 installed and did not have an issue with that version either.

1 Like

Welcome aboard. Just started doing this in January and like trying to see if I can solve an issue. Gives me great practice. Once I figured out what it was you are trying to accomplish I found a JPEG, used Inkscape to trace it. Now that it was saved I imported it into CC, deleted all vectors I didn’t want, Highlighted both parts of the eye, merged them and slide them into place.

I try to keep my life as simple as possible. Not sure what to say about the crashing, I’m sure you will hear from will. Good luck.

I wasn’t able to replicate this in 530:

and it worked in 621:

Try the beta?

https://carbide3d.com/carbidecreate/beta

Thanks all for the help. Will try all suggestions. It may have something to do with my computer as well. It’s a pretty cheap laptop with a small processer. If I do find the answer, I will be sure to report back.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.