Creating Advanced Vcarve Inlay - High Res Simulation Disappears

I’m playing around with creating an inlay and when trying to view the high res simulation in CC (v517 & v520) the rendering disappears. However, I can view both the toolpath and rapids, just not the simulation. When I render as non high-res, I can see it. It works fine until I place a box around the vector to do the inlay. I thought it may be the new v520 but reinstalled v517 and same thing.

Bear Inlay.c2d (678.3 KB)

I’m not seeing the render issue in V520, but you want to make sure your mirror one side the piece so the two will align when you flip one half over.

1 Like

Are you using Windows or a Mac? I’m on a Mac so not sure if that would be a difference or not.

Yes, thanks so much for the mirroring advice and I can easily see that in your screenshot now. This is my first attempt so I’m definitely a noob at this.

Flipped the right bear and this is what I’m getting.

I am on Windows 10, I don’t have a Mac to try. The tool paths look reasonable, have you tried to change the “material” for the simulation? I typically use MDF because the texture often shows the detail better.

I have not done an inlay so I downloaded your file and showed the simulation. The High Res is checked in the simulation and what is it I am supposed to see. I unchecked and saw no difference so I hid simulation thinking maybe only the hi res shows when you open with the option checked and/or unchecked and does not change on the fly.

What am I supposed to see different? I am also on Win 10 Both the Hi Res and unchecked Hi Res look the same to my untrained eye.

Look at my screenshot, I have show simulation checked but I’m not seeing the piece of wood.

Does it show properly for a different project? Have you tried to toggle the show simulation or change the simulation material? Does a version of the file I adjusted and resaved on a Windows PC load and display any differently?

Bear inlay correction.c2d (678.5 KB)

1 Like

I’m able to get a render in 520 on my MacBook:

Please let us know the specifics of your video card and drivers to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to look into this with you.

Yeah it is definitely a video display issue. I’m running on a Mac mini server (2011) so it may be time for an update lol! Experiencing the same thing when I go to Win 10 in parallels. I’ll just turn off High Res but it only happened when I wrapped the bear on the right with the outer box. I could view the simulation until I did that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.