Cribbage Board Program

I’m looking to make a bunch of Cribbage boards for my son to give as gifts for his Groomsman. I’ve attached the picture of the Board. The piece of wood will be 16x12. Its the Upper Peninsula, and Wisconsin.

If their is a current program written, I would be interested in that.

3 Likes

Played around with ways to lay out the holes & space them correctly.
offset the outside shape to make 2 tracks, trimmed off an area for the start & finish, then divided the curves into 142 sections. (groups of 5 holes with a space). Put a 1/8 hole at the ends of each line, skipping and endpoint after 5 holes. Also cleaned up a lot of the roads to simplify the design & avoid chipout on the edges of the map.

Here’s the file if you want to use it as a starter. You’ll have to finish up & add city names if desired.
I might ditch the roads & go with counties, or just cities. Looks too busy to me as is.

U_P_Cribbage_Board.c2d (2.2 MB)

4 Likes

What process / function did you use to dice up the vectors into repeating segments?

It’s Top Secret. :laughing:

I exported the curves as .svg, converted to .dxf, imported into NX, subdivided them into 142 pieces,
exported to .dxf, converted to .svg, imported back into CC.

4 Likes

I had no idea how popular Cribbage was until all these Cribbage board threads started popping up quite often on the forum in the past couple years.

Is it making a comeback or has it always been popular? I ask because I have never played nor do I know anyone that does but clearly many must truly enjoy it enough so that they spend countless hours making custom boards.

I know it’s pretty big in the U.P. & “The land of lakes & cheese”. Not sure about the rest of the country.
We learned it growing up. Really good game to teach kids to sharpen their math skills. My kids learned young, as will my grandkids.

1 Like

You can follow my directions here to space holes out along a path like you have here. It uses Inkscape. I have not had to do this in a while but this is an easy way to space things out on a path.

Make sure you add enough that you can delete very 6th hole and have some spacing between groups.

1 Like

My Dad was a wiz at cribbage. Some one made him a board with starting holes and finish holes, lines in between. The opponent had a standard configuration.

2 Likes

Thank You all this is great information.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.