Cross country move, how to keep xxl safe

Hi everyone,

We are moving from Atlanta to Oakland, and it’ll be shipped out in a pod. Any ideas/tips to help pack and keep the rails safe along with all the limit switches and everything else that goes with the xxl. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Don’t move to Oakland it’s a cesspool. Hope that helped. Seriously. I would make a wooden crate for the rails with a heavy dose of bubble wrap.

The best thing to do would be to disassemble back into the original box.

If that’s not an option, at the minimum remove the carriage (slacken the Z-axis belt and remove the Z-axis carriage from the Z-axis rails) and gantry and wrap well with bubble wrap and store them in a labeled box along with the power supply and cables.

For short moves, it seems okay to just zip tie the carriage/gantry into a corner, but for a long move that’s too risky, and you’re too likely to break some V wheels and gouge the rails.

2 Likes

I moved from Fort Bragg, NC to Fort Hood, TX and dissassembled the machine and placed everything back into the original box except the two pieces of MDF waistboard, I packed those seperately. That was easier than I thought it would be and it ensured nothing got damaged or bent during the move.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.