Curing my OCD and trimming the shapeoko

Unfortunately all in german…It’s a shop for aluminium extrusion and it’s accessories so should be sourcable somewhere else as well.

The nice thing is that you can choose between different damper and plate sizes :heart:

https://www.dold-mechatronik.de/Gelenkfuss-Reihe-10-PA-Gewindestange-mit-Kugel-10mm-M5X20-Schluesselweite-10-Teller-40mm-mit-Anti-Slip-Platte-40-d385

1 Like

Is OCD ever really cured?

1 Like

Okay no further updates but my first alloy cut with the actual state (◍•ᴗ•◍):heart:

The new damping feet help a lot and the machine sits really sturdy…

7 Likes

How do the dampening feet help? Do they level the bed better? Reduce chatter?

Im comparing to the original plastic ones with this you got more surface contact to the ground , the dampening pads help to reduce chatter and the spherical head helps tho level out the Machine.

(But thats just my first impression) im preparing a test set up for my upgrades measuring amplitude with sand/epoxy infill and the feet.

1 Like

thicc boy is coming

all holes are so designed that they are 0,2 mm undersized and i can get the perfect fit for my inserts

1 Like

Especially my wife want to thank carbide 3d :joy::joy::joy:

Hdz , bitsetter and hd nuts arrived :heart:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Since we have quarantine here in Germany i have some additional spare to go further with my Shapeoko beside the weeky workload of milling on that little machine

I decided to Sandfill the beams after some test and didn’t like the Idea just to pour it in like a douche with to less free time @home soooo let me intruduce you the over engineered Sand infill blocker 9000

Really simple design, by tightening the screw you force out the “jaws” and lock that thing super stury in place. its designed with tight tolerances as well so the baseplate seals very well for its own.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

drilled 4000 holes in my Baseplate and managed to crack one tap… Now I have 4 M8 holes like it was planned :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Before i assembled the beam plates and the Baseplate I added some butyl tape.
I don’t know if that is common in the us but in German it’s called like so it’s heavily vibration damping and long term elastic.

My goal is to decouple the vibration of these parts a bit. But we will so how it performs.

3 Likes

Cool idea! If it works I’m going to have to give it a try on my next upgrade spree!

1 Like

Hey guys due to recent upgrade to the HDZ I’ve had to adapt the drag chain holder and the home/limit switch holder.

limit switch holder fits nicely around the rail and secures in place with one screw. the cable can be fit through the hole including plug.

(please note the design was taken from the actual HDZ model i guess dimensions may vary )

Here are the design adaptions:

6 Likes

Awesome, I need a better mount for my drag chain. Do you have a picture of how you mounted it on?

sure.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!

2 Likes

@Sinned you are ruining my life, stop posting. Just kidding, this is awesome, and I’m shamelessly copying a bunch of your stuff. I’ve already printed the drag chain mount for my new HDZ. Proximity switches, heat sinks and the 3D printed mounts are on their way. Keep up the cool work!

1 Like