Custom Collets vs Collet Reducers: No contest

I had problems with Z-axis using a collet reducer on a 1/8 ball nose bit a couple weeks ago, and the inimitable Will Adams recommended I get custom collets for my DeWalt. I got them from Elaire and they arrived today. Back in action, no slippage. See below for the slipped bit damage and the successfully carved piece…

http://elairecorp.com/dewaltroutercollets.html#dwpanchor

5 Likes

I’m going to apologize in advance for not knowing what this is but, is this for putting your high heels over night? :crazy_face: :grin: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

@ehendrix Good one :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Looks like holder/display for Port or Madeira glasses, or maybe a Snifter type for aged spirits.

@ehendrix @BrokenEndmill It’s a box for a pair of Glencairn whisky glasses.

2 Likes

I can see that now.
My estrogen levels must have been up when I first looked at it.
:grinning: :smiley: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :grin: :sweat_smile: :rofl:
I really crack myself up…

1 Like

@BrokenEndmill

This should give you a better idea of what I am doing here… still not done, but clearly not a box for high heels…

7 Likes

VERY NICE! WOW.
Where did you get the glassware?
Are you etching the glasses yourself or are they already completed?

Oh BTW, I knew it couldn’t be for high heels. If you have read a lot of my posts, this is my feeble attempt at humor. Haha um, maybe?

Got blank glassware on Amazon, planning to etch it myself with an Orator Laser Master 2 diode laster.

Search Amazon for “Glencairn glass”–I got a dozen for about $75.

As for humor, well… the Amazon guy also left a washbasin outside my door. I didn’t see it for days.

Let that sink in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.