Custom Nomad Enclsoure

I’ve been working on a sound reducing enclosure for my Nomad since I started using adaptive clearing and some more aggressive (and louder) machining techniques. I’m still finishing it up and would like to add a couple of side guards to keep chips from falling off of the side of the machine similar to what @mbellon had done on his machine. I think I’ve seen a couple other folks do this as well, does anyone have a file to share of these guards with Nomad mounting hole pattern? I can draw them up if needed but I’m running short on time with the holidays approaching.

These are the guards I’m looking for

Here are a couple of shots of my box. It’s almost done but I still need to add lights, webcam and dust shoe.

1 Like

Nice enclosure!

I lay the Nomad on it’s side, aligned the polycarbonate, and use a magic marker to note where the holes had to go. Then I hand drilled them. Only took a few seconds… :slight_smile:

I had the machine out to remove the sides anyway - before I put it into the new enclosure so it was easy to do.

mark

1 Like

Sounds like a plan, thanks Mark!

I just took the original panel and traced it it onto the polycarbonate, works great. Love the enclosure. Reminds me I need to post mine!

1 Like

I just took the original panel and traced it it onto the polycarbonate, works great. Love the enclosure. Reminds me I need to post mine!

I’ve been waiting to see pictures of it for a long time! :laughing:

mark

That’s a great idea @MrHume!

mark

Such inspiration on here. I’ve been designing my own enclosure based off of what I am seeing here, but it’s all super new to me and I have limited time to spend on this at the moment.

Would anyone like @mbellon or @Remmy be able to build an enclosure for my Nomad Pro? I have Festool mini sys vac that I’d like to incorporate. I have budget. PM me if you do this sort of thing. Thanks!

Designing an enclosure is relatively easy… once the requirements, goals, and budget are established.

I would be happy to consider building an enclosure for you but the shipping costs are far from negligible… which can easily blow your budget. Would you consider “some assembly required?”

We can email/talk about things and see if we can work something out.

mark

1 Like