Cutter not responding

Hey everyone. I’ve been using my pro xxl for about a month now. And out of no where, my last 10 or so files have made it to 99.99% or 100%. But then I get the cutter not responding msg and have to shut off the machine and re initialize. I’ve replaced the USB cable after 5 or so times. Still same problem. Thanks for any help

Please let us know about this at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to work this out w/ you.

Yep. Sent a msg to support will. Hope to figure it out soon!

I have had the same problem just start up out of NOWHERE! Now, every job the “cutter not responding” error comes up. Very frustrating. Restarted the machine, new USB cable and no difference…

Please write in to support@carbide3d.com and we will do our best to sort this out w/ you.

I’m sure Will and the others at carbide will help, but I’ll tell you what I’ve done, and (knock on wood) has helped drastically. My first few disconnects were definitely related to my router cord crossing over a Y stepper motor wire, so once I tied that off, that was sorted. But my “cutter not responding” msg was interesting, because I run two xxl pros simultaneously, and I would get the msg on one, then the other a minute or so later! So after changing usb, separating all cords and wires, making sure laptops weren’t plugged in. No pun intended, but a lightbulb went off in my head when I saw my led tube lights flicker. I had been blowing off woodwork for awhile and the compressor was running steady. I also have a fridge,dust collector etc and it’s an old shop. So I stopped running the compressor, and didn’t get anymore disconnects. Until one day, plugged in a coffee maker, and after it finished the cup, boom, disconnect. Anyways, sorry for rambling, but most of all my fixes have come from a random comment I’ve seen on a chat. How is your power situation? Is it possible there are any surges going on? And secondly, Will, am I crazy for thinking that this might be my issue and it’s just coincidence?

Brownouts are a real problem for sensitive electronics.

Brownouts and cold solder joints are my two favourite intermittent fault inducers to diagnose.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.