Disabling bitsetter in Carbide Motion

So I finally got my bitsetter working on my pro/xl but now I have faced another frustrating issue: I cannot disable the bitsetter before the machine is initialized and it will (forcefully) do the bitsetting before I can access the settings to disable it. This is just stupid.

I wanted to do some surfacing on my stock material before actual machining and my surface bit isn’t going to work with the bitsetter and would probably broke something if the machine tries to run it on the bitsetter. I would appreciate the option to choose IF I can’t use bitsetter with the bit attached.

So, Carbide3d, can you PLEASE add a bitsetter enable/disable-button or maybe give us access to the settings when the machine is turned off?

1 Like

After you connect to the Shapeoko you can go to settings before you initialize the machine to disable BitSetter.

2 Likes

I tried but no luck. Could be a bug or some sort of glitch, I will try that again later.

You may be clicking too quickly after connecting. If the machine is “Busy” (indicator in the top bar) then it won’t accept any inputs.

3 Likes

You were right, I did something in wrong order/too fast etc.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.