Does BitSetter work with UGS?

Please, I am so appreciative of your effort and that of others here (@Julien!) in regard to the change from the Beginner’s mode of CM to now getting control of my Shapeoko. I always knew how it all worked, but as you well know it isn’t so simple to take those training wheels off the bike. :smiley: (This is not criticism of CM which made it easy to get where I am now.) I hope I can explain my experience.

When I installed CNCjs, I gathered as much research together as I could, but then I had CNCjs, a bunch of stuff and no cohesive way to put it all together to replace CM. I didn’t want to poke a bit into the spoilboard again. :smiley:

Julien has helped here with the “recipe” and perhaps that is all that is needed, but as is typical with user supported stuff the pieces of the recipe are usually scattered around the Internet in posts here, there and everywhere. Once I get my stuff together, I could help with that effort, but for now I’m still trying to figure out how to operate the controls! :smiley:

1 Like

Well, today I tested the new CNCJs installation and everything went smoooth :+1: :+1:

Thank you @Julien for the mini tutorial and thank you @neilferreri for the precious macros and advices.

I made a quick test on a scrap MDF piece, designed 3 rectangles overlapping at the center. Milled one rectangle with an 8mm mill, then launched the two neilferreri macros and milled the 2nd rectangle, then put a 6mm mill and launched the neilferreri “new tool” macro and milled the 3rd rectangle, the result is buttery smooth as you can see from the image, I’m impressed!

7 Likes