'Door Open' error after replacing with new board in my Nomad

I replaced with new control board in my Nomad because of spindle issue. But another problem, door open error, is occurred in Carbide Motion program after replacing new board. I think that new board has a connector for a door sensor and the error is happened from the sensor connection issue. ( my nomad doesn’t have a door sensor, maybe previous version )
Can somebody help for resolving the problem?

Can you upload a pic of your new board?

EDIT: Maybe this?

1 Like

New board is different with old board. New one doesn’t have the pin.

I don’t have a Nomad, sorry. Do you know what the empty pair of pins labeled “shapeoko switches” are for?
I bet the connection is in the black header above that actually. Sorry…someone with a Nomad or a schematic or that board version will have to help.

The “Door Open” message is what you see when the right pair of pins under the label “FEED_HOLD” are connected/shorted. That’s the pair of pins with your white and green wire pair (the rightmost two pins of the set that starts with X limit, Y limit, and Z limit switch connections).

I don’t know where that pair of wires connects on your Nomad, but that’s what’s triggering the message. (On my Shapeoko XL, I have that connected to a custom switch.)

2 Likes

Ah, looks like in older versions, the white blocks were pairs of pins for: X_LIMIT, Y_LIMIT, Z_LIMIT, E_STOP, PROBE, and FEED_HOLD. White/green was the color code for the PROBE wires.

Newer boards dropped the E_STOP pins, so it now goes X_LIMIT, Y_LIMIT, Z_LIMIT, PROBE, and FEED_HOLD. (The nearby RESERVED triplet is used for the Carbide Touch Probe on new Shapeoko builds.) Looks like you just need to shift your white/green probe lead to the left one pair of pins and you should likely be good to go.

Thank you, neilferreri. There is a different part with old board.

Thank you so much, ClayJar. I will check and try to move the pairs of pins.

You are right!! new board doesn’t have the E_stop pin. I just shifted my white/ green pins to the left one pin, ‘PROBE’. My Nomad is working now. and the ’ Door open’ massage is not showing in my Carbide Motion.
Thank you so much, Clay jar!!!

1 Like