E-Stop with two circuits

Indeed, it takes a long time to un-learn the “reach in and grab it” response to things going wrong, it took me years to learn to not even start to reach and just let a soldering iron drop when the cord got snagged.

There’s a reason all the stop mechanisms are very similar, it’s so that people can learn one instinctive action, the big red switch that stops stuff and that needs to be portable across situations or it takes thought and humans are much much better at reacting than thinking, especially in pressure or unusual situations.

2 Likes

My guess is that there are many lawyers at the bottom of this! :smiley:

In other words, it will soon be MANDATORY. Actually, if you want to over-engineer something someday, then you should be encouraging “people” to have a switch mat that they have to stand on so the machine will shut off automatically when they get wrapped up in the router.

The mat will also encourage them to stay with their machine so they’ll be closer to the eStop situation and avoid things like fire (and pestilence) before it gets out of hand. :smiley:

I’m afraid this is not correct. There is no frequency rundown, but rather a voltage rundown. The supplied frequency is 400 HZ @all times. If you change the frequency to any other value, you will hear your spindle either screaming, whining, or trying to over take William Thomas Ward.

That is a little odd, the manual seems to be saying something different.

I have not enabled the DC braking but the slow down time is very different between controlled stop by the inverter and EPO;

2 Likes

I know for a fact that increasing the frequncy will, for sure, damage your spindle. My bad, I thought decreasing it will have a bad effect as well. I should of done some reading, thank you for correcting me, my apologies.

1 Like

To be fair, @gmack asked difficult questions and poked holes to make me go and read the material on drives to find out about loads of things I didn’t know :wink:

1 Like

I’m using a Hitachi VFD which came with the DC braking resistor pre-installed. That is why I did not do any reading other than what was needed to set it up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.