Edit node by entering coordinates?

I would like to position the vertices of a polyline (after creating it) in a precise manner by entering the coordinates of each point. Can one do this or do I have to manually create the Gcode?

There is no easy way to directly specify the co-ordinates for each point on the polyline, BUT you can do it with rectangles and node snapping.

Create a rectangle, then set the side lengths to match the co-ordinates you want. Then move the rectangle so that one corner is at your starting location. You can now polyline from the corner of the rectangle since it will snap.

It’s tedious, and you would need to set up all the rectangles at the beginning, but it does give precise co-ordinates for each point.

1 Like

Also, if you use CC Version 6, the C2D file is text. You can probably draw your Polyline with as many nodes as you need, then just edit the C2D file. I think V7 can also save out a V6 version file.

1 Like

Useful to know as a workaround. Being able to edit the nodes and the location of drill holes more directly seems like a really quick win for a Carbide Create update. As would adding rest machining to Advanced Vcarve. See Rest machining in Advanced Vcarve

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.