Editing the grbl.post on Carbide Create?

Hello,

I want to do a copy of the grbl.post on Carbide Create so I can modify the M03Sxxxxx to M03 Sxxxxx (space between). My Smoothieboard dosent understand the command without the space… so I have to edit the files every time.

I recall there was some things with the tool change I wanted to update too… but can’t remember.

Where can I find that file and so I can edit it (in fact, I want to make a copy, like grbl-nka.post) ?

Could not find anything on google and searching my drive for grbl.post dosent seems to return it either.

I think CC’s post processors are written in a scripting language and the default files are are embedded in the executable. It may be possible to override them by putting suitably named items in your application data’s ‘posts’ directory but I don’t know that’s supported and you’d need the complete source for a post processor to start with.

The section you’re interested in is implemented within the post like this:

var ln = ""
  if(state.spindle != true) {
     ln += "M03"
  }
  ln += "S" + s
  writeLn(ln)

If you’re good with a hex editor and the binary isn’t signed and you understand all this, you can probably fix this by changing it to:

var ln = ""
  if(state.spindle != true) {
     ln += "M03"
  }
  ln +=" S" + s
  writeLn(ln)

which gives you zero byte length difference for the executable (which is important due to offset calculations).

(edit: naturally you’d have to do this each time CC was updated :slight_smile: )

Oh, so maybe I can extract the full grbl.post from the Hex and then make a new “posts” in the folder! Il’l, try that!

I love your enthusiasm :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.