Eiffel tower on a old aluminum baking sheet

Another truck finished! Sure do like making these.! The engine compartment is actually a secret stash box. The lid slides off from under the windshield. Comes with real glass windshield, and a leather seat, with a copper stick shift and another cork for the steering wheel,working tailgate it pivots up. Next one up is Jim Beam, I’m going to try and do this one all mechanical - no glue. I’ve got some brass screw inserts I’m going to try and use.(upload://bgkjXrArgYCXsIHWoRYkm5FoRPM.jpeg)

3 Likes

did some test passes in 6061 aluminum, first pass left it rough due to the material. second pass cleared it up but doesn’t appear to be cutting deeper. wiped it with a clean cloth before the second close up. would probably look good hit with some fine wool or scotch brite after the fact.

@dsculptor

2 Likes

came out much better on a brushed chrome zippo lighter.
single pass with no cleanup, leaves a burr feel so a light touch up would be necessary

Hey Paul, Thanks for the update, so you really can’t adjust depth then? I think the .0625 ball works better for the aluminum, however that would be interesting on some of these pieces of granite I have laying around.

What is your overall impression of this drag bit so far, would you recommend it? I wasn’t able to find any other reviews. Waffling over the various commercial offerings.

Thanks!

& @dsculptor

i have a separate diamond drag bit i got previously which is awesome for its material versatility. however it is pretty faint finished result in line work

i picked up this one for a deeper actual engrave on uneven surfaces while maintaining uniform line depth. so far on a zippo case it has proven to work well. i’m glad to have it in the arsenal, but the jury still out if it holds up over time. i assume it would work fairly well and should pay itself off if used on more of a production manner

it is one of the only ones i found that is cost effective and works with the nomad spindle range